Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Error Copying File Or Folder - There Is Not Enough Free Disk Space?

0


READ BELOW

My Problem
I bought a Transcend 160 GB external hard disk. Then I want to transfer a 5 GB single file to it but every time I am getting


What should I do?

Solution-

This happens due to File System of Disk Drive. Fat 32 has 4 GB file transfer limit. It should be NTFS. To know the File System of Drive open My Computer. Right click on Disk Drive(C:, D:) and choose Properties. In General tab check File System is FAT 32 or NTFS.

There are two solutions for this problem.

Temporary solution - Use any file compressing software like Winrar to create files which have size less than 4 GB and then transfer to external media.

Permanent Solution-
You have to convert FAT 32 File System to NTFS.
Follow the link to convert FAT 32 to NTFS System


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have Answers..?